What is revocation?
Revocation means the official cancellation of a decision or promise. Revocation of cancellation of registration means that the decision to cancel the registration has been reversed and the registration is still valid.
When revocation of cancellation is applicable?
Revocation is applicable only when the tax officer has cancelled the registration of a taxable person on his own motion. Such taxable person can apply to the officer for revocation of cancellation within thirty days from the date of the cancellation order
- A registered person can submit an application for revocation of cancellation, in FORM GST REG-21, if his registration has been cancelled suo-moto by the proper officer.
- He must submit it within 30 days from the date of service of the cancellation order at the Common Portal.
- If the proper officer is satisfied he can revoke the cancellation of registration by an order in FORM GST REG-22 within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application. Reasons for revocation of cancellation of registration must be recorded in writing.
- The proper officer can reject the application for revocation by an order in FORM GST REG-05 and communicate the same to the applicant.
- Before rejecting, the proper officer must issue a show cause notice in FORM GST REG–23 for the applicant to show why the application should not be rejected. The applicant must reply in FORM GST REG-24 within 7 working days from the date of the service of notice.
- The proper officer will take decision within 30 days from the date of receipt of clarification from the applicant in FORM GST REG-24.
Note: Application for revocation cannot be filed if the registration has been cancelled because of the failure to file returns. Such returns must be furnished first along with payment of all dues amounts of tax, interest & penalty.
For More details about GST Click here Pearl GST