Qualification or obtaining a degree is only a gate pass to the job market. To get selected for a job you need a certain skill level. Kerala, with its high literacy and a large pool of graduates, with low industrialization, has created an environment of unemployment. Conventional education, imparted in traditional colleges, churns out semi-baked academicians who lack market skill.
We, at Pearl CA College, have moved away from conventions. We focus more on skill development along with the MG university B.com (Finance & Taxation) syllabus that we follow. The undergraduate degree in commerce is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills and understanding in areas like finance, economics, business law, taxation, insurance, and management. We create not just graduates, but market ready GST Accountants/audit assistants or skilled graduates who are ready to take on the market challenges.
We have initiated the European way of education. We expect each one of our students to utilize the opportunity and gain a head start in their career with the placement assistance provided by us.
Demand for professionals in the financial and accounting field is very high. In particular, with the implementation of GST and VAT in India and GCC countries respectively, demand for accounting professionals has increased immensely.
Commerce graduates will have the option to join reputed accounting firms that are sure to expand their business in line with market demand or to set up their own accounting practice.
Self-Employment: Fresh commerce graduates who wish to be independent and self-employed have the option to make use of this opportunity to start an accounting practice. They can start out small with minimum investment to expand further to own and run a reputed finance & accounting services firm. As all are aware, the Indian Government is actively encouraging new start-ups.
Accountant: Every company requires accountants to keep track of the company’s profit and loss. An accountant should have knowledge in areas like basic principles of accountancy, cost accounting, and management accounting.
Tax Consultants: With taxation rules being strictly implemented in India, more and more citizens are concerned about error-free compliance. This increases demand tax consultants. Pearl CA’s B.Com syllabus includes taxation, making the graduates eligible for such a post.
Banking Fields: There is great scope for growth and good remuneration package at private and nationalized banks. With their education background, commerce graduates will be able to perform better than graduates from science streams.
Public sector employment: For a secure job, commerce graduates can apply at service sectors such as UPSC, SSC, Railways, and Defense (Army, Navy and Air Force). Job options available would include accounts clerk, accounts assistant, tax assistant, excise officer, assistant collector, district treasury officer and assistant registrar. Central government and public sector jobs have attractive salaries and perks.
Starting Salaries: Salaries vary and depend upon the organization, city, industry, and skills of the candidate. In general, following salaries can be expected by a B.Com graduate.
- Accountant: A fresh graduate can expect a monthly remuneration of Rs 14,000 to Rs 20,000 in the beginning. With experience, there is scope for salary increase depending on the employer’s policies.
- Probationary Officer at Public Sector Banks: Rs 36,000 to Rs 60,000 monthly
- Probationary Officer at Private Sector Banks: Rs 25,000 to Rs 45,000 monthly
- Clerical Post in Banks: Rs 15,000 to Rs 18,000
Job Areas: B.Com graduates can find work in areas such as business consultancies, educational institutes, industrial houses, public accounting firms, policy planning, foreign trade, banks, budget planning, inventory control, merchant banking, working capital management, treasury & forex and investment banking.
Advanced career options:
With further education and experience, commerce graduates can take posts such as auditor, consultant, company secretary, business analyst, finance officer, sales analyst, a junior analyst, tax accountant, stockbroker, economist, financial manager, financial analyst and investment manager.
B.Com is a base for pursuing further in the field by taking up courses like M.Com, Chartered Accountant (CA), Cost and Work Accountant (CWA), Company Secretary (CS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and MBA Finance.
- Chartered Accountants: They are responsible to keep the company from possible financial hazards. They help in auditing, financial, budget and taxation planning. Chartered Accountants can start and run their own independent auditing/accounting practice with very high remuneration.
- Company Secretary: With the government being strict about compliance with company laws, demand for company secretaries has increased. A certificate in Company Secretaryship has to be obtained from Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). A company secretary can also start his/her own practice and make use of opportunities that come up due to Indian government’s emphasis on start-ups and ease of doing business.
- Financial Manager: An MBA in Finance will open opportunities to start work in a core financial capacity like Financial Manager. Opportunities will be available with government and public sector companies as finance officer, risk manager, insurance manager, treasurers, manager – finance & accounts, to name a few.
- Financial Planner: Higher studies such as MBA in Finance can also help obtain a position as Financial Planner who helps individuals and companies in the budget and financial planning including cash flow management, education planning, investment plan, tax planning, insurance planning, estate planning and retirement planning.
- Risk Management and Insurance Planning: This is a very interesting and high income generating a field which requires a certificate in actuarial science or a degree in business finance.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA): This is an international professional qualification offered to graduate students with 48 months industry experience. The self-study certification course, which covers areas such as accounting, economics, ethics, money management and security analysis, will equip a person to confidently make a career in the investment field with very high remuneration.
- Cost & Work Accountant: Work involves production management, service management, budgeting and financial decision making. A CWA certification is required for the post.
Pearl Accountants are on the way to make Kochi the hub for skill development and accounting professionals. We hope you will be a part of this elite school of education.
Book your seat in advance: 0484 403 9000
: 9567 248 250